For those of us who like to drink pink, today is the day we celebrate Rosé All Day! Every Second Saturday in June, National Rosé Day is observed and I decided to open up a bottle to enjoy a glass or two on our newly revamped small patio.
But not just any bottle of Rosé. Thanks to our friends at Chateau d’Esclans, SobeSavvy.com received a bottle of their Whispering Angel 2016 to enjoy and give our honest review to share with our readers.
WHO is the winemaker?
- Chateau d’Esclans is a prestigious estate and winery who’s portfolio includes four premium rosés with an array of depth and flavor. Under the leadership of Sacha Lichine, these wines are respected and enjoyed as the producer of some of the world’s leading rosé wines.
WHERE does the wine come from?
- Whispering Angel 2016 comes from Cotes de Provence, Provence, France . Named and inspired by an icon of two cherubs who adorn the walls of a 19th century chapel.
WHEN is it best enjoyed?
- Anytime! Often as an aperitif. Perfect for the spring,summer. Pairs well with seafood, sushi and cheese.
WHAT did I enjoy most about this wine?
- This delicious rosé wine is incredibly refreshing and easy to drink–perfect with all kinds of foods, especially as the weather warms up and you start dining outside more often. Per the tasting notes, “The wine has fresh red berry characteristics with a floral nose and a smooth, round finish”. It’s not too dry like some rosés and is so smooth which makes it the perfect party starter because it can be enjoyed by all!
HOW much does it retail?
- The suggested retail price for Whispering Angel, the #1 French Wine Brand in America, is $22
National Rosé Day.
For more information, please visit www.esclans.com