Disclaimer: I received complimentary product for editorial review, however the opinions are mine to share with you!
August 15th is National Relaxation Day and in honor of this day (which I’d celebrate any time of the year), I would like to share with you 3 ways to Feel Relaxed, Refreshed and Rejuvenated using bath & body products from Kneipp, Rituals and Nailah’s Shea.
Relaxing for me usually involves slowing down, enjoying a quiet moment and taking in some deep breaths, while enjoying a long hot bath. Light some candles, pour a glass of wine and voila ~instant relaxation. So you’ve ran your bath water..now what?!?!
1. RELAX by using a Kneipp body product made with Lavender oil
Lavender is known to be a natural herb that produces a gentle, balancing effect while creating a relaxing impact for the mind and body. Let Kneipp help you find your sanctuary by using any of their best selling bath products to help you relax after a long day. Kneipp Lavender Body Lotion in ‘Relaxing’ has a sweet almond oil fragrance that has been blended with high-quality essential lavender oil which is known for comforting the mind. What I like most is that it’s suitable for everyone in my home. So no matter your skin type, this lotion is designed to have your skin nourished and soft. It’s also vegan, so this product doesn’t contain any animal origin components. There is also no paraffin, silicone or mineral oils included. Massage into your skin after showering or bathing, slip into your favorite nightwear and get ready to relax! Available at Kneipp.com
2. REFRESH and transform your bathroom into a luxurious spa with the NEW Ritual of Hammam
Ever wanted to experience your own wellness ceremony at home? Well close your eyes and be inspired by one of the oldest cleansing traditions in the world. The Ritual of Hammam collection is offering a range of luxury body products designed to meet the needs of modern times by relaxing our body and purifying the mind with the revitalizing fragrance of refreshing eucalyptus. YOUR HAMMAM RITUAL IN 5 STEPS:
1. After you’ve set the mood, start your cleansing ritual with the NEW Black Soap ($15). This nourishing black soap deeply cleanses and purifies the body, removing old skin cells and leaving the skin silky soft and prepared for exfoliation.
2. Follow with the Hot Scrub ($29), which contains purifying sea salt, warming ginger and refreshing eucalyptus, immediately reducing fatigue and boosting your mood. Apply on top of the Black Soap for an even smoother result.
3. Continue with the Body Mud ($17) with mineral-rich rhassoul clay, a mud that intensively purifies and polishes the skin by helping to remove dead skin cells.
4. Use the Foaming Shower Gel ($15), containing a purifying, refreshing fragrance that pleasantly and softly cleanses the skin. The gel also soothes and helps the skin to repair itself.
5. After you shower, apply the soothing NEW Body Cream ($33) to the body for a nourished and toned skin. SobeSavvy Tip: The packaging for the body cream is eco-chic allowing you to refill while benefitting the environment and your budget!
Finally mist your skin, bed linen or other textiles with the Body Mist ($25) ,which is infused with rosemary (known for its aromatic fragrance, revitalizing and warming effect and soothes/supports the ability for the skin to repair itself ) & refreshing eucalyptus( known for its healing properties & stimulating effect on body/mind). It does not stain, which makes this light mist good for your skin and in your home.
Available at Rituals.com and Rituals stores throughout NYC
3. REJUVENATE and Exfoliate with Nailah’s Shea Zanzibar Spice Sugar Scrub
What do you get when you mix spicy orange and sweet clove scents with organic Fair-trade cane sugar? An exotic scrub that is good for your face and body called Zanzibar Spice. This product is also combined with coconut, shea and grapeseed oils which is good for moisture, skin toning and anti-aging! Inspired by owner Camilia Majette travels to Zanzibar, Tanzania, this fragrance is also available as a hand-crafted shea butter soap and whipped shea body butter. I absolutely loved how it made my skin feel as well as the scent after using it in the shower. I even imagined I was on a relaxing getaway to the “Spice Island” while using these products!
Made locally in Greensboro, NC., this all natural Shea butter-based beauty and body care line is one of my faves because its free from parabens, alcohol, harsh chemicals, vegan friendly and organic. If you want to begin your journey to healthy naturally glowing skin and travel to Zanzibar in your mind like me, you can purchase online at http://www.nailahsshea.com.
SobeSavvy tip: Come to West Elm, Southpoint Mall -6910 Fayetteville Rd #1375 in Durham to shop Nailah’s Shea in person on Saturday 8/26 12-5pm . If you don’t need any for yourself, these make amazing gifts!
I hope you are inspired to relax, relate and release using any of these 3 brands products for your bath and body.
How do you like to relax? Do you plan to celebrate “National Relaxation Day” ?