Hello May! Time to celebrate Moms, Grads, and patio season with rosé all day! I recently tried a new wine that is meant to be served on the rocks called Rosé Piscine. I personally had never tried wine [not including Sangria] over ice before. As everyone knows as the ice melts the wine would become watered down but that’s just not the case with this wine that has already sold over two million bottles in France and Brazil, and now it’s available in the U.S! It has been created specifically to be served with ice. From its sleek, uplifting bottle appearance, to the one-of-a-kind over ice concept Rosé Piscine is not your average bottle of wine, here’s Seven Things To Know About Rosé Piscine Wine
- The wine has been selling in France and Brazil and just recently has been released in the United States. It’s available at select stores around the country, and can be ordered online.
- It’s uniquely a wine that has been created to be served over ice. Rosé Piscine is made by Pascal Nacenta in southwest France.
- The French rosé is 100 percent destemmed, fermented for 20 days with cold stabilization at 60 degrees and then filtered.
- The Rosé Piscine tasting notes include being pale salmon in color, with a light to medium body. On the bouquet, it offers hints of Meyer lemon, skin of peach, vanilla, kiwi and McIntosh apple. Mineral quality to the bouquet. On the palate, it offers rounded, well-balanced tannins and acidity, with a long finish.
- Rosé Piscine is made with an indigenous varietal of southwest France: Négrette, which is a small, very dark and tough-skinned grape known for its powerful aromatic qualities. The fruit is sourced in Côtes du Frontonnais, which is located just southwest of Gaillac and just north of the city of Toulouse, on the western bank of the Tarn river. Rosé Piscine is one of very few French rosés made with the Négrette grape, mainly due to the limited geographic availability of this unique varietal.
- Wine Enthusiast named Rosé Piscine’s region in France the Wine Region of the Year 2017.
- Rosé Piscine was originally created by Jacques Tranier, the president of Vinovalie, a group of producers in the French Southwest. In 2003, he was on a vacation in Saint Tropez when he saw many women drinking rosé wine over ice in large wine glasses. He ordered one to give it a try, only to be disappointed in the diluted taste of the wine. This set him on a mission to create a rosé wine that could maintain its integrity while being served on ice.
My mom recently visited and we enjoyed some of this wonderful rosé out on my patio! We loved how easy it was to drink… not too dry, not too sweet..just right! With mother’s day just around the corner, this wine would be the perfect pour to toast to your mom. Make Mom feel like a Queen for the day, and celebrate with Rosé Piscine!
To find a store near you or to order online, visit the site at: www.rosepiscine.com or follow on Instagram @rosepiscine. CHEERS!